Here’s some of what I know that I am good at:
- I am good with children. I love them and they seem to know that.
- I am a good writer.
- I have organizing skills.
- I can find my way around even the most complicated government of Canada website (and most of those are complicated, who designs them anyways) and lots of other internet places as well.
- I am a good communicator and I am good with social media -been learning how to use it for good purposes.
- I love art and love making crafty things with children.
- I know how to share my faith with others.
- I am passionate about justice issues and how to make the world a better place.
Now you may be wondering why I am making a list like the above and sharing it with you my reader. I know that many of you will say, well duh Fiona we knew that already. Here’s the thing I am needing to remind myself of that list at the moment. I am pondering what is next for me. What is my place within the church and within the working world? Where can my God given gifts be best put to use?
I am looking for a job that will allow those gifts to be used and to be understood as a blessing to those that I work with and for. I am putting it out there to the world that I am ready and willing to go back to work but I want, no need, for it to be work that improves the world and is not just work for work’s sake.
I am going to keep looking, pondering and dreaming about my future work. I am going to keep asking God what that work is supposed to look like. I am going to keep writing and asking the hard questions. I am going to keep looking for good work.
What does work mean for you?