Today I am feeling thankful. Here is what is making my heart full of gratitude today.
- For all of you who have had or are just reading this for the first time.
- The responses from my online community to my earlier posts – for the honest feelings being shared, for the ideas, for the support.
- Renovations! I know many will be surprised by that, but my house is looking really fine. The dear one is doing an amazing job. It is giving a real focus to both of us in the midst of this desert time.
- Being able to say morning prayer with the dear one. For prayer candles from our son. For the singing bowl he gave his father. For time to connect in prayer with the wider church and all those who are praying each day.
- A friend who has taken me out for lunch on Wednesday’s for over a year now to give me a chance to vent, share. listen and be loved. This has been a lifeline for me.
- Our families – the whole, extended, messy bunch of them. Who love us no matter what. Who have been here with us through all of this time of loss.
- Mentors who have let me reach out to them and given guidance and asked thoughtful questions and reminded me why mentoring is such an important of all of our lives.
- A great home office, that is cozy and warm. A great place to work, dream, and be creative.
I am going to try and do this more regularly. I need to remember that even as I walk through the desert there is still joy. Small joys that need to be embraced and held on to.